Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcome to UNI!! Let UNI be your Second Home!

Welcome to UNI!

Let UNI be your Second Home!


Monzurul Karim (Russel) *  Junior *  Dhaka, Bangladesh

Computer Science

I am pretty sure that my journey to UNI wasn’t as easy as yours. It was almost a 26 hour flight!!! You guys probably figured out that I am from the other side of the world. Yes, I am from a small beautiful country named Bangladesh.  More than 50 million peoples live in my city, which is one of the most populated cities in the world. From early in my life, I grew up interacting with lots of people.

When I first came here it wasn’t an easy transition. But I was very open minded and flexible about making changes in my life. I always like to learn from my life experiences, so I thought it would be an exciting and educational new experience. For example, before I came to the USA I had never lived in a dorm.  I lived in Noehren hall in my freshman year. It was the one of the best experiences of my life. After meeting with lots of students from my floor, I thought, “This is my new family!”  UNI truly has become my second home.

No comments:

Post a Comment