Thursday, July 18, 2013

Welcome to UNI! I was a First Generation College Student!

Welcome to UNI!

I was a First Generation College Student!


Avary Bradford * Sophomore * Cedar Rapids, Iowa

COMMUNICATION STUDIES and MARKETING


I started at UNI as a first generation college student, so orientation was a great experience for me!  After orientation my mom felt less stressed about me moving away and so did I.  I also participated in Jump Start, which I wasn't sure I'd enjoy, but I ended up loving it and making friends that I still have today.  Going through both of these opporunities made me much more confident as a freshman. 

I also participated in UNI cheerleading which gave me the opportunity to really get into the purple and gold spirit and see another side of UNI.  Going to every athletic event showed me how supportive my fellow Panthers are and how involved they are with events on campus.  Being on and around campus was a great way to meet new people.  I easily made friends living on campus.  The fact that I was surrounded by people going through the same experiences I was made UNI really seem like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment