Tuesday, December 3, 2013

{Q & A with an RA: Bailey Jimmison}

In what building are you an RA? Rider  

Where are you from? Davenport, Iowa

What is your major? Year? Junior Psychology Major

What one thing that helped you in your transition freshman year? I struggled with my balance of time between visiting home and staying at school. I was consumed with being a new young adult yearning for independence and not realizing that I didn’t visit home often. It is a difficult balance of time. The transition to college isn’t as easy for your parents as you may think it is. People think parents are like “cha-ching jackpot bailey moved out!” when in reality they are going through their own transition of not having you around daily. Just be aware that transitioning to college can affect other people and you may not even know it. That’s my advice to just keep in your pocket.

 Where is your favorite place on campus? My room is my favorite place on campus, I mean don’t get me wrong the union is always entertaining in some form or fashion, (I love people watching) but my room is versatile it is my place to chill, do homework, listen to Broadway show tunes really loud, take a nap, be a dancin’ fool when no one is around, or even just kick back and read a book AND it gives me the opportunity to express myself and truly make UNI feel like my home away from home.


No comments:

Post a Comment