Wednesday, January 28, 2015

{Meet the Staff: Heather Asmus}


Name: Heather Asmus
Undergraduate Major: As an undergrad I bounced from English Teaching to Graphic Design, and settled on English non-teaching with a minor in Professional Writing.  I absolutely LOVED my major and the professors.  Every summer I spent in an internship exploring possible career paths.  I worked for Living History Farms in their Marketing Department, then the Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau, and finally at Pella Corporation as a Technical Writing intern.
Who You Advise: I'll be advising first year SBS majors and deciding students, working with the PAIRs, and the Exploring Living Learning Community in Bender Hall.
About Me: My first full-time job was as an Admissions Counselor at small private college in NW Iowa.  I returned to UNI for my MAE in Postsecondary Education Student Affairs in 2008 and graduated in 2010.  I've spent the last 4 years as a Campus Supervisor / Advisor at a community college in NW Iowa.  

I am excited to be a Panther again!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment